Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the entire Nile Basin and reflects the latest findings. It provides unique and cutting-edge insights into the region’s agriculture, water resources, governance, poverty, productivity, upstream-downstream linkages, innovations, future plans and their implications.
Many international summits and conferences have declared that there is an urgent need to save agriculture from its demise. Most international agencies now recognize that something must be done, but what? Beyond policy changes, the restructuring of global governance and institutional reforms are called for. Commitments must be translated into concrete actions leading to a renewed interest in agriculture and a return to the basic objective of achieving food security.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54439-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-54438-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-54439-7
- Series Print ISSN 1383-5130
- Series Online ISSN 2215-0110
- Buy this book on publisher's site