Table of contents
About this book
This book and app is for practitioners, professionals, researchers, and students who want to learn how to make a plot within the R environment using ggplot2, step-by-step without coding.
This manual—"integrating" R, ggplot2, and Shiny—introduces a new Shiny app, Learn ggplot2, that allows users to make plots easily without coding. With the Learn ggplot2 Shiny app, users can make plots using ggplot2 without having to code each step, reducing typos and error messages and allowing users to become familiar with ggplot2 code. The app makes it easy to apply themes, make multiplots (combining several plots into one plot), and download plots as PNG, PDF, or PowerPoint files with editable vector graphics. Users can also make plots on any computer or smart phone.
Learn ggplot2 Using Shiny App allows users to
- Make publication-ready plots in minutes without coding
- Download plots with desired width, height, and resolution
- Plot and download plots in png, pdf, and PowerPoint formats, with or without R code and with editable vector graphics
Keon-Woong Moon, M.D., Ph.D., is Professor of Cardiology at the Catholic University of Korea and serves as the Director of Cardiology at St. Vincent’s hospital. In 2014, he completed the Data Science Specialization course authorized by Johns Hopkins University offered through Coursera. Recently he developed four R packages (mycor, moonBook, ztable, and ggiraphExtra) for distribution on CRAN. He has taught residents, fellows, and junior staff about R and ggplot2 for many years, and he is the author of two books in Korean: R Statistics and Graphs for Medical Papers (2015, Hannarae) and Web-Based Analysis without R in Your Computer (2015, Hannarae).
R graphics visualization ggplot2 vector graphics powerpoint R code plot shiny app
- Book Title Learn ggplot2 Using Shiny App
- Series Title Use R!
- Series Abbreviated Title Use R
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-53019-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-53018-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-53019-2
- Series ISSN 2197-5736
- Series E-ISSN 2197-5744
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 351
- Number of Illustrations 10 b/w illustrations, 336 illustrations in colour
Statistics and Computing/Statistics Programs
- Buy this book on publisher's site