About this book
The failures of electronic controls, which can cause loss of life and property, are discussed from the perspective of both the design and manufacturing functions and clarified for the responsible forensic team. Many pitfalls of the fast-paced product introduction environment for industrial and consumer products are discussed to help minimize the number of electronic control fires and other menacing events of today.
The author clearly links the design, manufacturing and forensic technical communities in the development of electronic control devices, which include a wide array of products, from auto key fobs to furnace electronic control boards. The information included ensures a final product that will not end up in litigation (or at least not be found guilty during litigation), putting into plain words how to determine if a suspect electronic appliance control is the cause of a fire or the result of a fire.
Containing invaluable data learned through many years of new product designs, development and production cycles, this brief features illustrated bench experiments conducted by the author. Professionals and researchers working in fire protection, electrical engineering, or building safety will find this brief an essential resource.
fire safety electronic controls forensic investigation fire protection engineering explosive events laminate flame recall ignition failure mode effects analysis ugly process self ignition analysis
- Book Title Electronic Control Fires
- Book Subtitle A Design, Manufacturing and Forensic Technical Perspective
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Fire
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Fire
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52845-8
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-52844-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-52845-8
- Series ISSN 2193-6595
- Series E-ISSN 2193-6609
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 70
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 80 illustrations in colour
Fire Science, Hazard Control, Building Safety
Electronic Circuits and Devices
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors