About this book
This volume explores the latest developments in the area of polymer electrolyte membranes (PEMs) used for high-temperature fuel cells. Featuring contributions from an international array of researchers, it presents a unified viewpoint on the operating principles of fuel cells, various methodologies used for the fabrication of PEMs, and issues related to the chemical and mechanical stabilities of the membranes. Special attention is given to the fabrication of electrospun nanocomposite membranes.
The editors have consciously placed an emphasis on developments in the area of fast-growing and promising PEM materials obtained via hygroscopic inorganic fillers, solid proton conductors, heterocyclic solvents, ionic liquids, anhydrous H3PO4 blends, and heteropolyacids.
This book is intended for fuel cell researchers and students who are interested in a deeper understanding of the organic–inorganic membranes used in fuel cells, membrane fabrication methodologies, properties and clean energy applications.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Organic-Inorganic Composite Polymer Electrolyte Membranes
- Book Subtitle Preparation, Properties, and Fuel Cell Applications
Abdullah M. Asiri
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52739-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-52738-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-84973-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-52739-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 460
- Number of Illustrations 70 b/w illustrations, 75 illustrations in colour
Ceramics, Glass, Composites, Natural Materials
Renewable and Green Energy
Fossil Fuels (incl. Carbon Capture)
- Buy this book on publisher's site