About this book
The book gives a systematic and detailed description of a new integrated product and process development approach for sheet metal manufacturing. Special attention is given to manufacturing that unites multidisciplinary competences of product design, material science, and production engineering, as well as mathematical optimization and computer based information technology. The case study of integral sheet metal structures is used by the authors to introduce the results related to the recent manufacturing technologies of linear flow splitting, bend splitting, and corresponding integrated process chains for sheet metal structures.
• Highlights applicability and benefits of an integrated development process through the use of case studies in the field of sheet metal structures;
• Provides a perspective on an integrated development leading to products and processes;
• Includes a detailed description of procedures, methodologies, and tools to integrate manufacturing, process, and materials engineering into optimized product design.
Sheet metal design Metal design optimization Sheet metal structures Linear flow splitting in metals Integrated sheet metal process chains Severe plastic deformation computer integrated metals engineering
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52377-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-52376-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-52377-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site