About this book
This book discusses the rise of the creative economy. Organisations like UNCTAD have observed the emergence of the creative economy across the globe and noted its resilience in the face of recent economic turmoil. Here, the authors intend to bring the level of analysis down to the regional and firm level by uncovering the extent of the creative economy in some of Europe’s most peripheral regions.
This is the first study to draw on international research carried out across four EU member states to add to the neglected area of the creative economy of peripheral regions. Chapters discuss the drivers and challenges of creative economies, the implications of cultural consumption on peripheral regions, the uniqueness of peripheral creative economies and policy considerations arising from the creative economy. The work contributes to expanding theory in the areas of economic geography, business studies and regional development.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52165-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-52164-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-52165-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site