About this book
This textbook describes the basic mechanical features of concrete and explains the main resistant mechanisms activated in the reinforced concrete structures and foundations when subjected to centred and eccentric axial force, bending moment, shear, torsion and prestressing,. It presents a complete set of limit-state design criteria of the modern theory of RC incorporating principles and rules of the final version of the official Eurocode 2.This textbook examines methodological more than notional aspects of the presented topics, focusing on the verifications of assumptions, the rigorousness of the analysis and the consequent degree of reliability of results. Each chapter develops an organic topic, which is eventually illustrated by examples in each final paragraph containing the relative numerical applications. These practical end-of-chapter appendices and intuitive flow-charts ensure a smooth learning experience.
The book stands as an ideal learning resource for students of structural design and analysis courses in civil engineering, building construction and architecture, as well as a valuable reference for concrete structural design professionals in practice.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52033-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-52032-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-52033-9
- Series Print ISSN 2366-259X
- Series Online ISSN 2366-2603
- Buy this book on publisher's site