Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an overview of urban transformations taking place in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in the last three decades. It analyses urban dynamics within the metropolis and its relationship with Brazilian urban networks.
This book is structured in three main parts with sixteen chapters written by researchers from the Brazilian Metropolitan Observatory in Rio de Janeiro. The aim of the book is to study urban transformation and stagnation with regards to urban mobility and infrastructure, social analysis of territory, housing and housing market, metropolitan governance, demography, residential segregation and inequality of opportunities, among other topics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51899-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51898-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51899-2
- Series Print ISSN 2366-3421
- Series Online ISSN 2366-343X
- Buy this book on publisher's site