About this book
This book discusses the complex theory of differential equations or more precisely, the theory of differential equations on complex-analytic manifolds.
Although the theory of differential equations on real manifolds is well known – it is described in thousands of papers and its usefulness requires no comments or explanations – to date specialists on differential equations have not focused on the complex theory of partial differential equations. However, as well as being remarkably beautiful, this theory can be used to solve a number of problems in real theory, for instance, the Poincaré balayage problem and the mother body problem in geophysics.
The monograph does not require readers to be familiar with advanced notions in complex analysis, differential equations, or topology. With its numerous examples and exercises, it appeals to advanced undergraduate and graduate students, and also to researchers wanting to familiarize themselves with the subject.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51744-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51743-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51744-5
- Series Print ISSN 1660-8046
- Series Online ISSN 1660-8054
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking