About this book
This book examines the water-related impacts of climate change in the UNESCO Intercontinental Biosphere Reserve of the Mediterranean (IBRM) straddling Spain and Morocco. This is the first in-depth publication on a fascinating transboundary case study; while climate change effects are rather homogenous across the IBRM, differing socio-economic contexts, land-use patterns and policy frameworks in Spain and Morocco mean considerable variations in vulnerability and consequences for human security.
The authors have produced a novel and integrated vulnerability assessment that combines hydro-ecological, socio-economic and policy analyses. The interdisciplinary approach and insights contained in this volume will appeal both to those interested in the integration of natural and social sciences as well as those working on water and climate change from academic, practical or policy-oriented perspectives.
Mediterranean Basin Spain Morocco Climate Change Climate Adaptation Adaptive Capacity Human Security Food Security Water Security Floods Water Scarcity Drought Tourism Agriculture Policy Frameworks Hydro-ecological Model Scenarios Impact Assessment Vulnerability Assessment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51680-6
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51678-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51680-6
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5547
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5555
- Buy this book on publisher's site