About this book
The book teaches engineers many new things about a classical topic which suddenly is again in the center of interest because of its relevance for finite element analysis, for the accuracy of computational methods.
It shows that influence functions play a fundamental role in the finite element analysis of structures and practically all of linear computational mechanics. It also strives to add new and important insights into modern structural analysis and into computational mechanics by establishing the central role of influence functions for the numerical analysis and to lay a new foundation to the energy and variational principles.
influence function Green's function variational and energy principles adaptive methods boundary elements betti's theorem finite element analysis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51222-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51221-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51222-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site