About this book
This textbook presents the core of recent advances in design theory and its implications for design methods and design organization. Providing a unified perspective on different design methods and approaches, from the most classic (systematic design) to the most advanced (C-K theory), it offers a unique and integrated presentation of traditional and contemporary theories in the field.
Examining the principles of each theory, this guide utilizes numerous real life industrial applications, with clear links to engineering design, industrial design, management, economics, psychology and creativity. Containing a section of exams with detailed answers, it is useful for courses in design theory, engineering design and advanced innovation management.
"Students and professors, practitioners and researchers in diverse disciplines, interested in design, will find in this book a rich and vital source for studying fundamental design methods and tools as well as the most advanced design theories that work in practice".
Professor Yoram Reich, Tel Aviv University, Editor-in-Chief, Research In Engineering Design.
Twenty years of research in design theory and engineering have shown that training in creative design is indeed possible and offers remarkably operational methods - this book is indispensable for all leaders and practitioners who wish to strengthen theinnovation capacity of their company.
Executive Vice President
C-K Theory Systematic Design Axiomatic Design Optimization Theory and Decision Theory Innovative Design Methods Rule-based Design System Engineering Industrial Design R&D Organization
- Book Title Design Theory
- Book Subtitle Methods and Organization for Innovation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-50277-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-50276-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-84364-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-50277-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 388
- Number of Illustrations 24 b/w illustrations, 109 illustrations in colour
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site