About this book
This undergraduate textbook provides an introduction to graph theory, which has numerous applications in modeling problems in science and technology, and has become a vital component to computer science, computer science and engineering, and mathematics curricula of universities all over the world.
The author follows a methodical and easy to understand approach. Beginning with the historical background, motivation and applications of graph theory, the author first explains basic graph theoretic terminologies. From this firm foundation, the author goes on to present paths, cycles, connectivity, trees, matchings, coverings, planar graphs, graph coloring and digraphs as well as some special classes of graphs together with some research topics for advanced study.
Filled with exercises and illustrations, Basic Graph Theory is a valuable resource for any undergraduate student to understand and gain confidence in graph theory and its applications to scientific research, algorithms and problem solving.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49475-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-49474-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-49475-3
- Series Print ISSN 1863-7310
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1781
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software