Table of contents
About this book
This book covers basic research topics such as the structure-function relationships of neuropilins and mechanisms of neuropilin-mediated signal transduction, details the most important roles of the neuropilins in developmental biology, and addresses their roles in various conditions such as cancer and various eye diseases.
The two neuropilin genes encode scaffold receptors that can bind several different ligands, and also associate with many other receptors and modify their activity. Further, it has been confirmed that they play important roles in the shaping of major organs and tissues such as the nervous system and the vascular system, and that they can modulate immune responses.
The book offers a helpful guide for biomedical researchers and all scientists active in the neurosciences, vascular and molecular biology, as well as developmental biology and immunology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-48824-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-48822-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-48824-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site