Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the diagnostic impact of CT scans in severe abdominal trauma and in non-traumatic acute abdomen, the two clinical entities that constitute the main reasons for referrals for this imaging technique from the intensive care unit. The concept behind it is that emergency surgeons and physicians not only need the clinical knowledge to manage the different pathological conditions, but that they must also have a full understanding of diagnostic imaging modalities.
To this end, each chapter includes a description of a specific acute abdominal disorder. In addition to the clinical presentation and the diagnosis and management guidelines, there is a special focus on imaging studies with clear and concise descriptions, high-quality images and the evolution grading scale to aid interpretation.
This easy-to-read book is an ideal source of practical information for acute care surgeons, radiologists and for all the members of the emergency team.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-48347-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-48346-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-48347-4
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8284
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8292
- Buy this book on publisher's site