Table of contents
About this book
This SpringerBrief introduces key techniques for 5G wireless networks. The authors cover the development of wireless networks that led to 5G, and how 5G mobile communication technology (5G) can no longer be defined by a single business model or a typical technical characteristic. The discussed networks functions and services include Network Foundation Virtualization (N-FV), Cloud Radio Access Networks (Cloud-RAN), and Mobile Cloud Networking (MCN). The benefits of cloud platforms are examined, as are definable networking and green wireless networking.
Other related and representative projects on 5G are mobile and wireless communications enablers for the Twenty-Twenty Information Society, Multi-hop Cellular Networks, Network Function as-a-Service over Virtualized Infrastructures, iJOIN, and Nuage Virtualized Services Platform. Major applications of 5G range from RAN sharing and Multi-Operator Core Networks to mobile convergence. Enhancing the user experience by providing smart and customized services, 5G will support the explosive growth of big data, mobile internet, digital media, and system efficiency.
This SpringerBrief is designed for professionals, researchers, and academics working in networks or system applications. Advanced-level students of computer science or computer engineering will also find the content valuable.
5G Wireless network Mobile network Radio access network Cloud Virtualization Big data
- Book Title Cloud Based 5G Wireless Networks
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47343-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-47342-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-47343-7
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 87
- Number of Illustrations 32 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer Communication Networks
Communications Engineering, Networks
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
- Buy this book on publisher's site