Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a deep spectrum of musical, mathematical, physical, and philosophical perspectives that have emerged in this field at the intersection of music and mathematics. In particular the contributed chapters introduce advanced techniques and concepts from modern mathematics and physics, deriving from successes in domains such as Topos theory and physical string theory.
The authors include many of the leading researchers in this domain, and the book will be of value to researchers working in computational music, particularly in the areas of counterpoint, gesture, and Topos theory.
Counterpoint Music Theory Gesture Theory Improvisation Algorithmic Music Automated Composition Systems Musical Morphologies Topos Theory
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47337-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47336-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47337-6
- Series Print ISSN 1868-0305
- Series Online ISSN 1868-0313
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors