About this book
This book offers a cultural studies approach to marketing and advertising and shows readers how scholars from different academic disciplines make sense of marketing’s role in American culture and society. It is written in an accessible style and has numerous drawings by the author to give it more visual interest.
Arthur Asa Berger is Professor Emeritus of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts at San Francisco State University, USA. He has published more than seventy books on media, popular culture, humor, semiotics and tourism. He was a Fulbright lecturer in Italy in 1963 and has lectured in countries such as Iran, China, Indonesia, Germany, and Argentina. He was elected to the University of Iowa School of Journalism and Mass Communication Hall of Fame in 2009.
Marketing and Semiotics Consumer Culture Advertising Critical Discourse Theory Marketing and Social Media
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47328-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47327-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47328-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site