About this book
This book proposes soft computing techniques for segmenting real-life images in applications such as image processing, image mining, video surveillance, and intelligent transportation systems. The book suggests hybrids deriving from three main approaches: fuzzy systems, primarily used for handling real-life problems that involve uncertainty; artificial neural networks, usually applied for machine cognition, learning, and recognition; and evolutionary computation, mainly used for search, exploration, efficient exploitation of contextual information, and optimization.
The contributed chapters discuss both the strengths and the weaknesses of the approaches, and the book will be valuable for researchers and graduate students in the domains of image processing and computational intelligence.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47223-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47222-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47223-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site