About this book
This book, written in an accessible style and illustrated with drawings by the author and with many other images, discusses the basic principles of discourse theory and applies them to various aspects of popular culture, media and everyday life. Among the topics it analyzes are speed dating, advertising, jokes, language use, myths, fairy tales and material culture.
Arthur Asa Berger is Professor Emeritus of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts at San Francisco State University, USA. He has published more than seventy books on media, popular culture, humor, semiotics and tourism. He was a Fulbright lecturer in Italy in 1963 and has lectured in countries such as Iran, China, Indonesia, Germany, and Argentina. He was elected to the University of Iowa School of Journalism and Mass Communication Hall of Fame in 2009.
Discourse Analysis Popular Culture Semiotics Visual Communication Discourse Theory
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47181-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47180-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47181-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site