Table of contents
About this book
Case-studies in this work provide visibility for musical cultures that are rarely exposed in the dominant musicological discourse. Several contributions combine musicological analysis with "insider-musician" points of view. Some essays in the collection address the cultural clash between certain types of music/musicians and the respective institutional counterparts, while certain contributing authors draw on experimental research findings.
Throughout this book we see how musics are socially significant, and - at the same time - that societies are musically significant too. Thus the book will appeal to musicologists, cultural scholars and semioticians, amongst others.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47060-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-47059-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-47060-3
- Series Print ISSN 2510-442X
- Series Online ISSN 2510-4438
- Buy this book on publisher's site