About this book
This book explores generalized Lorenz–Mie theories when the illuminating beam is an electromagnetic arbitrary shaped beam relying on the method of separation of variables.
The new edition includes an additional chapter covering the latest advances in both research and applications, which are highly relevant for readers.
Although it particularly focuses on the homogeneous sphere, the book also considers other regular particles. It discusses in detail the methods available for evaluating beam shape coefficients describing the illuminating beam. In addition it features applications used in many fields such as optical particle sizing and, more generally, optical particle characterization, morphology-dependent resonances and the mechanical effects of light for optical trapping, optical tweezers and optical stretchers. Furthermore, it provides various computer programs relevant to the content.
- Book Title Generalized Lorenz-Mie Theories
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-46873-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-46872-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-83608-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-46873-0
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXXVII, 331
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 16 illustrations in colour
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
Topological Groups, Lie Groups
Microwaves, RF and Optical Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site