About this book
This book covers several aspects of perinatal tissue-derived stem cells, from theoretical concepts to clinical applications. Topics include functions and different sources, immunomodulatory properties, translational point of view, GMP facility design and manufacturing for clinical translation, therapeutic potentials, and finally ethical considerations. The text provides a brief review of each type of perinatal stem cells and then focuses on their multi- or pluripotent properties, regenerative capacity, and future therapeutic potential in regenerative medicine. Additionally, the book discusses GMP compliance in stem cell facilities and the manufacture of stem cells for clinical translation. The chapters are authored by world-renowned experts in the perinatal stem cell field.
Perinatal Tissue-Derived Stem Cells: Alternative Sources of Fetal Stem Cells, part of Springer’s Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine series, is essential reading for basic and clinical scientists, clinicians, and pharmaceutical experts working or conducting research in the fields of stem cell biology, molecular aspects of stem cell research, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-46410-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-46408-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-46410-7
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- Buy this book on publisher's site