Table of contents
About this book
This book addresses recent technological progress that has led to an increased complexity in many natural and artificial systems. The resulting complexity research due to the emergence of new properties and spatio-temporal interactions among a large number of system elements - and between the system and its environment - is the primary focus of this text.
This volume is divided into three parts: Part one focuses on societal and ecological systems, Part two deals with approaches for understanding, modeling, predicting and mastering socio-technical systems, and Part three includes real-life examples.
Each chapter has its own special features; it is a self-contained contribution of distinguished experts working on different fields of science and technology relevant to the study of complex systems. Advances in Complex Systems of Contemporary Reality: Societal, Environmental and Engineered Systems will provide postgraduate students, researchers and managers with qualitative and quantitative methods for handling the many features of complex contemporary reality.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Complex Societal, Environmental and Engineered Systems
- Series Title Nonlinear Systems and Complexity
- Series Abbreviated Title Nonl. Syst. Compl.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-46164-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-46163-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-83457-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-46164-9
- Series ISSN 2195-9994
- Series E-ISSN 2196-0003
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 297
- Number of Illustrations 27 b/w illustrations, 47 illustrations in colour
Applications of Graph Theory and Complex Networks
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
- Buy this book on publisher's site