Table of contents
About this book
This SpringerBrief provides an overview of contemporary innovative technologies and discusses their impact on our daily lives. Written from a technical perspective, and yet using language and terminology accessible to non-experts, it describes the technologies, the key players in each area, the most popular apps and services (and their pros and cons), as well as relevant usage statistics.
It is targeted at a broad audience, ranging from young gadget enthusiasts to senior citizens trying to get used to new devices and associated apps. By offering a structured overview of some of the most useful technologies current available, putting them in perspective, and suggesting numerous resources for further exploration, the book gives its readers a clear path for learning new topics through apps and web-based resources, making better choices of apps and websites for frequent use, using social networks effectively, protecting their privacy and staying safe online, and enjoying the opportunities brought about by these technological advances without being completely consumed by them.
- Book Title Innovative Technologies in Everyday Life
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Computer Science
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Computer Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45699-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-45697-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-45699-7
- Series ISSN 2191-5768
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5776
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 62
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 3 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
- Buy this book on publisher's site