Table of contents
Global Environmental Change as a Human Security Issue
Impacts of Environmental Change and Implications for Human Security: Case Study Examples
Regional Focus on Water Security
Critical Perspectives and Approaches for Addressing the Impacts of Environmental Change on Human Security
About this book
This volume brings together insights on the interactions between environmental change and human security in the Middle East and Africa. These regions face particular challenges in relation to environmental degradation, the decline of natural resources and consequent risks to current and future human security.
The chapters provide topical analysis from a range of disciplines on the theory, discourse, policy and practice of responding to global environmental change and threats to human security.
Case studies from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey, Iraq and Syria provide empirical evidence, with a focus section dedicated to the critical issue of water resources and water security in the region.
The contributions demonstrate above all that the risks posed to human security arise through multiple and interconnected processes operating across diverse spatial and temporal scales. The complexity of these processes requires new ways of thinking and intervening. As a contribution, the current volume provides engaging insights from theory and practice for those seeking to address the challenges of environmental change.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Environmental Change and Human Security in Africa and the Middle East
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45648-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-45646-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-83337-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-45648-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXII, 340
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 44 illustrations in colour
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site