About this book
This book provides guidance to all professionals working with children who present with injuries, neglect, illness falsification and other forms of child abuse. Clinical findings and the current literature are analyzed. The author’s clinical experience is shared to assist the reader in diagnosing the cause of injury and other presentations.
This text is the result of many years of experience in the UK working with children in an East London hospital (which receives over 1000 children a week through the children’s Emergency Department) and the analysis of over 400 cases for the Family and Crown Courts. Mainstream opinions, the medical literature, and examples from extensive experience on the wards and in Court are discussed.
Pediatric Forensic Evidence is aimed at doctors, lawyers, the Courts, social workers, health visitors, teachers, the police and others, guiding them through the analysis of injury and when to raise concerns.
- Book Title Pediatric Forensic Evidence
- Book Subtitle A Guide for Doctors, Lawyers and Other Professionals
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45337-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-45335-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-45337-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 216
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 18 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors