About this book
This book provides a single-source reference to green technologies in advanced biofuel technology. The main focus is on the description of the state of the art in catalytic processes for the "green" production of biofuels. The authors describe two different, practical approaches for catalysts, which allow for effective and easy separation of the catalyst by simple filtration, and enable reuse for several cycles. Readers will gain understanding as to the mechanisms involved in the synthesis and structure formation of the catalyst, in order to maximize yield of biodiesel production. The authors also address the question of how catalytic material should be distributed inside a porous support to obtain optimal performance. The effects of physicochemical and operating parameters are analyzed to gain insight into the underlying phenomena governing the performance of optimally designed catalysts.
- Emphasizes the comparison of green biofuel technologies with existing methods, in order to evaluate efficient methods for producing biofuel technologies;
- Highlights the macroscopic and encapsulated technology of catalyst preparation;
- Balances theory and practice, with emphasis on commercial applications.
Green biodiesel production Biofuels Biorefineries heterogeneous catalysts for biodiesel production Sustainable Production of Bio-fuels
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45273-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-45272-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-45273-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site