About this book
This textbook is a comprehensive treatment of ordinary differential equations, concisely presenting basic and essential results in a rigorous manner.
Including various examples from physics, mechanics, natural sciences, engineering and automatic theory, Differential Equations is a bridge between the abstract theory of differential equations and applied systems theory. Particular attention is given to the existence and uniqueness of the Cauchy problem, linear differential systems, stability theory and applications to first-order partial differential equations.
Upper undergraduate students and researchers in applied mathematics and systems theory with a background in advanced calculus will find this book particularly useful. Supplementary topics are covered in an appendix enabling the book to be completely self-contained.
Cauchy problem Lyapunov stability variational inequality variational existence variational uniqueness optimal control Hamilton Jacobi equation prime integral harmonic oscillator
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-45261-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-45260-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-45261-6
- Series Print ISSN 1615-2085
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4144
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking