Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the development and use of interoperability standards related to healthcare information technology (HIT) and provides in-depth discussion of the associated essential aspects. The book explains the principles of conformance, examining how to improve the content of healthcare data exchange standards (including HL7 v2.x, CDA, and FHIR), the rigor of conformance testing, and the interoperability capabilities of healthcare applications for the benefit of healthcare professionals who use HIT, developers of HIT applications, and healthcare consumers who aspire to be recipients of safe and effective health services facilitated through meaningful use of well-designed HIT.
Readers will understand the common terms interoperability, conformance, compliance and compatibility, and be prepared to design and implement their own complex interoperable healthcare information system. Chapters address the practical aspects of the subject matter to enable real-world application of previously theoretical concepts. The book provides real-world, concrete examples to explain how to apply the information, and includes many diagrams to illustrate relationships of entities and concepts described in the text.
Designed for professionals and practitioners, this book is appropriate for implementers and developers of HIT, technical staff of information technology vendors participating in the development of standards and profiling initiatives, informatics professionals who design conformance testing tools, staff of information technology departments in healthcare institutions, and experts involved in standards development. Healthcare providers and leadership of provider organizations seeking a better understanding of conformance, interoperability, and IT certification processes will benefit from this book, as will students studying healthcare information technology.
Healthcare Information Technology Healthcare Data Exchange Standards Interoperability Conformance Profiling Conformance and Interoperability Testing Requirements Specification Electronic Healthcare Records HL7 v2 Messaging Standard HL7 FHIR HLV V3 HL7 CDA Testing Architecture and Tools Compliance Meaningful Use ONC Healthcare IT Certification
- Book Title Healthcare Interoperability Standards Compliance Handbook
- Book Subtitle Conformance and Testing of Healthcare Data Exchange Standards
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-44839-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-44837-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-83146-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-44839-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XLVI, 662
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 289 illustrations in colour
System Performance and Evaluation
- Buy this book on publisher's site