Table of contents
About this book
This book compiles solutions of linear theory of elasticity problems for isotropic and anisotropic bodies with sharp and rounded notches. It contains an overview of established and recent achievements, and presents the authors’ original solutions in the field considered with extensive discussion. The volume demonstrates through numerous, useful examples the effectiveness of singular integral equations for obtaining exact solutions of boundary problems of the theory of elasticity for bodies with cracks and notches. Incorporating analytical and numerical solutions of the problems of stress concentrations in solid bodies with crack-like defects, this volume is ideal for scientists and PhD students dealing with the problems of theory of elasticity and fracture mechanics.
- Stands as a modern and extensive compendium of solutions to the problems of linear theory of elasticity of isotropic and anisotropic bodies with sharp and rounded notches;
- Adopts a highly reader-friendly layout of tables, charts, approximation formulas suitable for use in research and engineering practice;
- Presents stress concentration factors calculated for blunt notches as well as smooth transition to the stress intensity factors for sharp notches;
- Includes a comprehensive survey of established and recent achievements in the field.
notch stress intensity factor linear elasticity fracture mechanics stress concentration fracture mechanics stress concentration factors stress intensity factors stress singularity order rounded (blunt) notch sharp notch crack emanating from notch singular integral equations Cauchy principal value mechanic quadratures
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-44555-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-44554-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-44555-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site