Table of contents
About this book
This primer develops Conformal Field Theory (CFT) from scratch, whereby CFT is viewed as any conformally-invariant theory that describes a fixed point of a renormalization group flow in quantum field theory.
The book is divided into four lectures: Lecture 1 addresses the physical foundations of conformal invariance, while Lecture 2 examines the constraints imposed by conformal symmetry on the correlation functions of local operators, presented using the so-called projective null cone – a procedure also known as the embedding formalism. In turn, Lecture 3 focuses on the radial quantization and the operator product expansion, while Lecture 4 offers a very brief introduction to the conformal bootstrap.
Derived from course-based notes, these lectures are intended as a first point of entry to this topic for Master and PhD students alike.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43626-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-43625-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-43626-5
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5423
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5431
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment