About this book
This succinct volume addresses the production of inactive, potentially toxic proteins in the absence of correct protein folding and the resultant neurodegenerative diseases. Other topics include intrinsic disorder in protein structure and function and the effects of molten globules on protein toxicity. This concise and yet thorough text also discusses using toxin structure as a model for studying structural and functional aspects of protein chemistry.
Protein Toxins in Modeling Biochemistry, a SpringerBrief, is essential reading for advanced researchers, scientists and advanced graduate students interested in protein chemistry and related areas of biochemistry and molecular science.
botulinum toxin energy landscape folding intrinsic disorder protein molten globule
- Book Title Protein Toxins in Modeling Biochemistry
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs Biochem.,Mol.Biol.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43540-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-43538-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-43540-4
- Series ISSN 2211-9353
- Series E-ISSN 2211-9361
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 145
- Number of Illustrations 44 b/w illustrations, 205 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site