About this book
This book describes research in two different areas of state-of-the-art hadron collider physics, both of which are of central importance in the field of particle physics. The first part of the book focuses on the search for supersymmetric particles called gluinos. The book subsequently presents a set of precision measurements of “multi-jet” collision events, which involve large numbers of newly created particles, and are among the dominant processes at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
Now that a Higgs boson has been discovered at the LHC, the existence (or non-existence) of supersymmetric particles is of the utmost interest and significance, both theoretically and experimentally. In addition, multi-jet collision events are an important background process for a wide range of analyses, including searches for supersymmetry.
Metastable Gluinos Search for SUSY Multi-jet Collisions High Jet Multiplicity Events Four-jet Events ATLAS Experiment at LHC
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43461-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-43460-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-43461-2
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment