Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on orthogeriatrics, a topic that has received little attention in the literature to date. As active members of the Fragility Fracture Network (FFN), the editors and most of the authors of this book have gathered all essential expertise on hip fracture management in a single volume. The 14 chapters provide a complete overview of how to approach fractures in elderly patients, starting with the epidemiology of hip fractures and subsequently addressing osteoporosis, surgery, anesthesia, medical management of frailty, and peri-operative complications. Attention is also given to rehabilitation and nursing, as well as to the psychological evaluation of the patient and the caregivers, thus emphasizing the importance of a multidisciplinary approach.
Thanks to its clinical and practice-oriented nature, the book will especially be of interest to residents and young geriatricians, as well as orthopaedic surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses dealing with elderly fracture patients in all parts of the world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43249-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-43248-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-43249-6
- Series Print ISSN 2509-6060
- Series Online ISSN 2509-6079
- Buy this book on publisher's site