Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses personal traits and rationale for any student considering a career in surgery. The authors review accomplishments as a medical student that are key components of beginning a surgical career, and highlight what makes a student competitive for a surgical program. While much of the focus is on an academic career in surgery, sections are devoted to mentorship, research experience and personal experiences that lead to success and are relevant to anyone pursuing a surgery. The editors also focus on gender and work-life balance issues that are often perceived as barriers to a career in surgery.
A How To Guide For Medical Students provides help to medical students interested in pursuing a career in surgery. The chapters also include key dates and sample application information for students to use as templates.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42897-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-42895-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-42897-0
- Series Print ISSN 2194-7481
- Series Online ISSN 2194-749X
- Buy this book on publisher's site