About this book
This volume will detail the current state and perspectives of autophagy-based cancer therapy. Covering a wide range of topics, it will include an overview of autophagy as a therapeutic target in cancer, autophagy modulators as cancer therapeutic agents, implications of micro-RNA-regulated autophagy in cancer therapy, modulation of autophagy through targeting PI3 kinase in cancer therapy, targeting autophagy in cancer stem cells, and roles of autophagy in cancer immunotherapy. In addition, the volume will review applications of system biology and bioinformatics approaches to discovering cancer therapeutic targets in the autophagy regulatory network.
The volume will be beneficial for a variety of basic and clinical scientists, including cancer biologists, autophagy researchers, pharmacologists, and clinical oncologists who wish to delve more deeply into this field of cancer research.
This volume will be the first book to focus solely on autophagy as a target in cancer therapy. As well, it will comprehensively discuss the roles of autophagy in most currently available cancer treatments.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Targeting Autophagy in Cancer Therapy
- Series Title Current Cancer Research
- Series Abbreviated Title Current Cancer Research
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42740-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-42738-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-82651-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-42740-9
- Series ISSN 2199-2584
- Series E-ISSN 2199-2592
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 141
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 10 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site