Table of contents
About this book
This book contains a collection of exercises (called “tapas”) at undergraduate level, mainly from the fields of real analysis, calculus, matrices, convexity, and optimization.
Most of the problems presented here are non-standard and some require broad knowledge of different mathematical subjects in order to be solved. The author provides some hints and (partial) answers and also puts these carefully chosen exercises into context, presents information on their origins, and comments on possible extensions. With stars marking the levels of difficulty, these tapas show or prove something interesting, challenge the reader to solve and learn, and may have surprising results.
This first volume of Mathematical Tapas will appeal to mathematicians, motivated undergraduate students from science-based areas, and those generally interested in mathematics.
real analysis calculus matrices convexity optimization challenging problems in basic mathematics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42186-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-42185-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-42186-5
- Series Print ISSN 1615-2085
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4144
- Buy this book on publisher's site