About these proceedings
This book highlights the latest advances in engineering mathematics with a main focus on the mathematical models, structures, concepts, problems and computational methods and algorithms most relevant for applications in modern technologies and engineering. In particular, it features mathematical methods and models of applied analysis, probability theory, differential equations, tensor analysis and computational modelling used in applications to important problems concerning electromagnetics, antenna technologies, fluid dynamics, material and continuum physics and financial engineering.
The individual chapters cover both theory and applications, and include a wealth of figures, schemes, algorithms, tables and results of data analysis and simulation. Presenting new methods and results, reviews of cutting-edge research, and open problems for future research, they equip readers to develop new mathematical methods and concepts of their own, and to further compare and analyse the methods and results discussed.
The book consists of contributed chapters covering research developed as a result of a focused international seminar series on mathematics and applied mathematics and a series of three focused international research workshops on engineering mathematics organised by the Research Environment in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University from autumn 2014 to autumn 2015: the International Workshop on Engineering Mathematics for Electromagnetics and Health Technology; the International Workshop on Engineering Mathematics, Algebra, Analysis and Electromagnetics; and the 1st Swedish-Estonian International Workshop on Engineering Mathematics, Algebra, Analysis and Applications.
It serves as a source of inspiration for a broad spectrum of researchers and research students in applied mathematics, as well as in the areas of applications of mathematics considered in the book.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Engineering Mathematics I
- Book Subtitle Electromagnetics, Fluid Mechanics, Material Physics and Financial Engineering
- Series Title Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42082-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-42081-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-82496-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-42082-0
- Series ISSN 2194-1009
- Series E-ISSN 2194-1017
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 341
- Number of Illustrations 68 b/w illustrations, 67 illustrations in colour
Computational Science and Engineering
Applications of Mathematics
Numerical and Computational Physics, Simulation
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
Statistics for Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Insurance
- Buy this book on publisher's site