About this book
This book compiles five papers modeling the effects of neoliberal economics on the emergence of Ebola and its aftermath.
The multidisciplinary teams represented here place both Ebola Makona, the Zaire Ebola virus variant that has infected 28,000 in West Africa, and Ebola Reston, which is currently emerging in industrial hog farms in the Philippines and China, within a multi-plank modeling framework.
This volume proposes an alternate science of disease and an adjunct program of interventions useful to researchers and public health officials alike.
Pandemic Mathematical Models vaccine biology Africa epidemic
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Neoliberal Ebola
- Book Subtitle Modeling Disease Emergence from Finance to Forest and Farm
Robert G. Wallace
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40940-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-40939-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-82223-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-40940-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 96
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 4 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site