About this book
This handbook provides a guide for individualized, responsive, and meaningful care to patients with severe mental illness. It begins with an overview of the foundational aspects of recovery – definitions and assessment, recovery principles, recovery research, and applications of recovery principles in in inpatient psychiatry. Subsequent chapters offer in-depth analyses of provider competencies, the patient’s role in personal choices and decision making, and the deeper healing goals of recovery. The handbook also offers detailed treatment modalities, including cognitive remediation, psychological and psychiatric services, nursing and occupational therapy services, peer support, and pharmacological treatment.
Featured topics include:
- Sexuality and sexual health in the inpatient psychiatric setting.
- The power of stigma and the usage of SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) principles to combat stigma.
- Legal advocacy.
- Self-advocacy and empowerment.
- Methods to enhance resilience and sustain recovery in inpatients.
- Common errors and solutions during the transformation to recovery-oriented systems.
The Handbook of Recovery in Inpatient Psychiatry is a must-have resource for researchers, graduate students, clinicians, and related professionals/practitioners in psychology, psychiatry, social work, nursing, rehabilitation therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and allied professionals in related mental health and medical disciplines.
Applications of recovery principles Assessment of inpatient recovery Behavioral services and recovery Cognitive remediation services and recovery Definitions of inpatient recovery Family and recovery Forensic services and recovery Inpatient psychiatric recovery principles Inpatient psychiatric recovery research Legal advocacy and recovery Psychiatric services and recovery Psychopharmacological treatment and inpatient recovery Public mental health hospitals and recovery Recovery and sexual health Recovery and sexuality Recovery-focused inpatient treatment planning Rehabilitation services and recovery Self-advocacy and recovery Shared decision making and recovery Vocational and employment training and recovery
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40537-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-40535-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-40537-7
- Series Print ISSN 2366-6013
- Series Online ISSN 2366-6021
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals