About this book
This book provides a review of Azerbaijan’s water reserves and main economic deposits (both hydrocarbon and hard) and describes the integrated application of geophysical methods (land, airborne, shipborne and satellite) for studying near-surface and environmental features and regional tectonic-geophysical zonation as well as the study of deep structures in the search for hydrocarbon and hard (polymetallic, copper, gold-bearing, iron-ore, magnetite, etc.) deposits. It particularly focuses on the geophysical examination of seismic activity in the region related to the interaction of the Afro-Arabian and Eurasian lithospheric plates.
It is aimed at scientists, engineers and students interested in the commercial potential of Azerbaijan’s deposits and the application of different geophysical methodologies (gravity, magnetic, seismic, thermal, electric, electromagnetic, etc.) for analyzing mud volcanism, identifying subsurface structures (including the analysis of hydrogeological problems, the examination of past climates and archaeological inspection) revealing the deep tectono-structural peculiarities of the region under study, mining and oil & gas geophysics, development of 3D physical-geological models and advanced seismological prognosis.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40493-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-40492-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-40493-6
- Series Print ISSN 2364-6438
- Series Online ISSN 2364-6446
- Buy this book on publisher's site