Table of contents
About this book
In the chapters in Part I of this textbook the author introduces the fundamental ideas of artificial intelligence and computational intelligence. In Part II he explains key AI methods such as search, evolutionary computing, logic-based reasoning, knowledge representation, rule-based systems, pattern recognition, neural networks, and cognitive architectures. Finally, in Part III, he expands the context to discuss theories of intelligence in philosophy and psychology, key applications of AI systems, and the likely future of artificial intelligence. A key feature of the author's approach is historical and biographical footnotes, stressing the multidisciplinary character of the field and its pioneers.
The book is appropriate for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in computer science, engineering, and other applied sciences, and the appendices offer short formal, mathematical models and notes to support the reader.
- Book Title Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40022-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-40020-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-82016-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-40022-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 321
- Number of Illustrations 70 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Based on a translation from the Polish language edition: Wstęp do sztucznej inteligencji by Mariusz Flasiński, © Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Buy this book on publisher's site