Table of contents
About this book
This book examines the planning of cities in global transition, looking at Australia’s Greater Sydney as a case example. The focus is on metropolitan districts (groups of municipalities) within the Greater Sydney region. The subjects of global transition and sustainable urban planning (SUP) are introduced in Chapter 1. How Greater Sydney approaches planning of its region and its districts is then outlined in Chapter 2. In this chapter, three case study districts are selected for critiquing planning in the face of population and new development changes. The districts, beyond the City of Sydney, are: Sydney Inner West, Greater Parramatta and St George.
The book further outlines a methodology to assess planning practices within each of the municipalities (twelve case study municipalities in all within the three districts). Included here are State planning principles applying to Greater Sydney, with key principals selected to apply to the case study municipalities and to each district as a unit.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39865-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39864-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39865-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site