About this book
This book provides cytopathologists a succinct but comprehensive reference covering common diagnostic dilemmas caused by normal, iatrogenic, inflammatory and reactive/reparative changes in cytology samples. This book will provide immediate access to these confounders, clearly illustrating key features and detailing the pitfalls these cells engender in all cytologically accessible body sites. The text is organized in chapters corresponding to cytologically accessible body sites/organ systems. Each chapter’s discussions are further organized by general categories of confounders (i.e., normal contaminants, inflammatory, infectious and iatrogenic), with special attention to site specific confounders.
Pitfalls in Diagnostic Cytopathology With Key Differentiating Cytologic Features will be of great value to practicing pathologists, pathology residents, cytopathology fellows, cytotechnology technologists and students.
Brain Parenchyma Mesothelium Salivary Glands Synovium cytology samples
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39809-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39807-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39809-9
- Series Print ISSN 1574-9053
- Series Online ISSN 1574-9061
- About this book