Table of contents
About this book
This book presents an authoritative overview of individualized psychiatry. The text shifts the focus of psychiatry from organ and disease to the whole person as a part of a broader person-centered perspective in medicine. Written by experts in the field, the text covers the conceptual keystones of that include ethical commitment, a holistic approach, a relationship focus, cultural sensitivity, individualized care, establishment of common ground among clinicians, patients, and families for joint diagnostic understanding and shared clinical decision-making, people-centered organization of services, and person-centered health education and research.
Person-Centered Psychiatry is an excellent resource for psychiatrists, psychologists, primary care physicians, social workers, and all medical professionals working in mental health.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39724-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39722-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39724-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site