Table of contents
About this book
This brief explores two of the main challenges of spatial network data analysis: the many connected components in the spatial network and the many candidates that have to be processed. Within this book, these challenges are conceptualized, well-defined problems are explored, and critical techniques are discussed.
The process of summarizing spatial network data entails finding a compact description or representation of observations or activities on large spatial or spatiotemporal networks. However, summarizing spatial network data can be computationally challenging for various reasons, depending on the domain. The content has applications for professionals, organizations, and researchers in transportation safety, public safety, public health, disaster response, and related fields.
Spatial network data Activity summarization Significant routes Linear hotspots Spatiotemporal networks Summarizing spatial network data GIS
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39621-7
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39620-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39621-7
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5768
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5776
- Buy this book on publisher's site