About these proceedings
This book offers a detailed examination of the latest work on the potential of polarized fuel to realize the vision of energy production by nuclear fusion. It brings together contributions from nuclear physicists and fusion physicists with the aims of fostering exchange of information between the two communities, describing the current status in the field, and examining new ideas and projects under development.
It is evident that polarized fuel can offer huge improvements for the first generation of fusion reactors and open new technological possibilities for future generations, including neutron lean reactors, which could be the most popular and sustainable energy production option to avoid environmental problems. Nevertheless, many questions must be resolved before polarized fuel can be used for energy production in the different reactor types. Readers will find this book to be a stimulating source of information on the key issues. It is based on contributions from leading scientists delivered at the meetings “Nuclear Fusion with Polarized Nucleons” (Trento, November 2013) and “PolFusion” (Ferrara, July 2015).
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Nuclear Fusion with Polarized Fuel
- Series Title Springer Proceedings in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Proceedings Phys.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39471-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-39470-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-81894-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-39471-8
- Series ISSN 0930-8989
- Series E-ISSN 1867-4941
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 154
- Number of Illustrations 34 b/w illustrations, 14 illustrations in colour
Atomic, Molecular, Optical and Plasma Physics
Renewable and Green Energy
- Buy this book on publisher's site