About this book
This book presents a series of significant methods and examples for the design of sustainable intelligent facades in a variety of contexts. Emphasis is placed on how intelligence has been applied for successful energy-saving efforts in the planning of building envelopes.
Readers will find essential information on the core principles involved in designing, calculating and organizing intelligent facades according to the need for a new or retrofitted building. Not only are different materials and technologies considered, but also efficient ways to combine them according to user needs and other project-specific constraints. Illustrations, tables and graphs accompany the text, clarifying the concepts discussed.
Architects, facade consultants and all those interested in and energy-saving measures and improved indoor comfort will find this book useful not only as an introduction to the subject but also as a guide to achieving more responsive building methods.
Intelligent Building Envelope Intelligent Buildings Architectural Design Energy Efficiency High-performance Envelopes Architectural Design Process Energy Modeling Programs BIM Interfaces Sustainable Intelligent Facades Energy Design Smart Building Skin
- Book Title Intelligent Envelopes for High-Performance Buildings
- Book Subtitle Design and Strategy
- Series Title Green Energy and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title Green Energy,Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39255-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-39254-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-81851-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-39255-4
- Series ISSN 1865-3529
- Series E-ISSN 1865-3537
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 134
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 42 illustrations in colour
Building Construction and Design
Renewable and Green Energy
- Buy this book on publisher's site