Table of contents
About this book
This book is an up-to-date, comprehensive review of the neuropsychiatry of different types of cognitive impairment by active authorities in the field. There is an emphasis on diagnostic and management issues. Cognitive impairment both with and without criteria for dementia is covered. A critical appraisal of the methodological aspects and limitations of the current research on the neuropsychiatry of cognitive impairment and dementia is included. Unanswered questions and controversies are addressed. Non-pharmacological and pharmacological aspects of management are discussed, to provide robust information on drug dosages, side effects and interaction, in order to enable the reader to manage these patients more safely. Illustrative cases provide real life scenarios that are clinically relevant and engaging to read.
Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cognitive Impairment and Dementia is aimed at neurologists, psychiatrists, gerontologists, and general physicians. It will also be of interest to intensive care doctors, psychologists and neuropsychologists, research and specialist nurses, clinical researchers and methodologists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39138-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39136-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39138-0
- Series Print ISSN 2196-2898
- Series Online ISSN 2196-2901
- Buy this book on publisher's site